The New York Academy of Medicine, 1216 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street, New York, NY 10029
The Academy Health Informatics Workgroup and the Healthy Aging Section
Free for Fellows & Members | $20 General Public | $10 Students with ID
Fellows and Members: enter your email address below and click 'Confirm Email' to be taken to event registration at your discounted rate. Your discount will be applied at checkout.
The Health Informatics Workgroup and Healthy Aging Section of The New York Academy of Medicine will be hosting an evening conference and exhibit to showcase innovations that employ health informatics to improve health, healthcare and healthy aging.
This event will consist of several presentation stations wherein a variety of innovative informatics solutions will be displayed that address specific healthcare applications and uses.
Call for Proposals - SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 22
This call is specific to various stakeholders, including but not limited to, providers, payers, vendors (including start-ups), social services, or academia. Proposals will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Innovative use of health informatics and technology
- Addresses an important urban health or health care issue
- While all innovations are welcomed, we are particularly interested in innovations that are beneficial to and address the aging population, ubiquitous health, etc., that are new in the market, prototypes, or at a development stage.
- Submission represents a collaboration among a diverse group of stakeholders (at least 3)
- Ability to provide a compelling story that will be relatable to attendees of the conference
- Uniqueness – entries will be selected based on exceptional innovations that will support the education of attendees and its practical application in healthcare.
- Complete the Proposal Submission Form
- Provide a title of the group presentation showcase
- Description of the innovation/product/health care technology
- Uses and benefits of the innovation
- Name of the company or innovation developer
- Names, professional credentials, and job titles of group presentation members and their specific roles in the group presentation exhibit
- Acceptance of Terms of Exhibitor Selection, including disclosure of pending patents
Selection will be competitive. The review panel will include experts in innovation, informatics, and urban and population health. Those selected will have the opportunity to showcase their products, company and innovation advertisement in the event program, website, event invitations to all Academy Fellows and Members, and the ability to receive feedback and recommendations specific to the needs of users and expert health care professionals.
The proposal submission deadline is February 22, 2019. Those selected will be notified on or before March 1, 2019.
Meet The Endnote Speaker - Dr. David Vawdrey
Dr. David Vawdrey is Vice President of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital’s Value Institute. NewYork-Presbyterian is an integrated academic health care delivery system partnered with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. In his role, Dr. Vawdrey has responsibility for enterprise analytics and performance improvement. He is Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at Columbia University, with research interests involving the use of health information technology and patient engagement to enhance safety and quality. Dr. Vawdrey studied computer engineering and computer science at Brigham Young University and earned a doctorate in biomedical informatics from the University of Utah.
If you or any of your colleagues are interested in sponsoring this event, please see the Sponsorship Form for multiple sponsorship options. The sponsorship submission deadline is March 31, 2019.