- About the Library
- Collections and Resources
- Digital Collections & Exhibits
- The Resurrectionists
- A Telling of Wonders
- Foundations: The Monstrous in Antiquity and the Middle Ages
- Natural Philosophy
- The Prodigy Book: The 16th Century
- The Prodigy Book: The 17th Century
- Collecting Curiosities: The Rise of the Medical Museum
- Popular Culture And Freak Shows
- Case Studies and Learned Societies
- The 18th Century: Monsters as a Battleground for Scientific and Philosophical Debates
- A New Era: The Birth of a Modern Definition of Teratology in the Early 19th Century
- Works Related to Teratology
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Recommended Resources
- Tips & Tutorials
- Digital Collections & Exhibits
- Center for the History of Medicine and Public Health
- Friends of the Rare Book Room
- New York Bronchoscopic Club Minutes and Records
- Date Span
- Call Number
- New York Bronchoscopic Club
- Collection Size
- .4 linear feet (1 box)
The New York Bronchoscopic Club was founded in 1927. A scientific and social club, its purpose was "the study of diseases and accidents occuring in the respiratory and upper digestive tracts, and their treatment, and the furtherance of friendly relations among those interested in this branch of science and art." Meetings were held 3 times a year, with the addition of an annual golf outing.
Scope and Content
This small collection primarily contains minutes (1927-1969) and correspondence (1962-1972), and also includes treasurer's reports, membership and officer lists, the constitution and by-laws of the organization, and other materials. There are also photocopies of some of the minutes (1927-1959).
Arrangement of Collection
The original order of the materials has been maintained. The minutes and correspondence are in reverse chronological order; the copies of the minutes are in chronological order.
The collection appears to have at one point been housed in a binder. The binder no longer exists and the materials are in acid-free folders.
Administrative InfoCollection processed and described by Rebecca Pou
Requests for permission to quote from or publish any materials should be directed to the reference librarian or curator in writing.
New York Bronchoscopic Club Minutes and Records. The Drs. Barry and Bobbi Coller Rare Book Reading Room, New York Academy of Medicine Library.
On deposit by the New York Bronchoscopic Club.
|New York Bronchoscopic Club Minutes and Records|
|Box 1 Folder 1||Minutes, - November 6, 1969-February 4, 1960|
|Box 1 Folder 2||Minutes, - November 5, 1959-April 5, 1945|
|Box 1 Folder 3||Minutes, - February 1, 1945-October 20, 1927|
|Box 1 Folder 4||Minutes
- October 20, 1927-April 5, 1951|
|Box 1 Folder 5||Minutes,
- November 1, 1951-November 5, 1959|
|Box 1 Folder 6||Correspondence and Records,|
Find Similar Resources
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the catalog of The New York Academy of Medicine Library. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog using these headings.
|Medicine -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc.||Search ArchiveGrid|
|Pulmonary Medicine -- New York (State) -- New York.||Search ArchiveGrid|
|New York Bronchoscopic Club.||Search ArchiveGrid|