New York Laryngological Society Records, 1932-1973

 
New York Laryngological Society Records ​​​​

Historical Note

Historical Statement

The New York Laryngological Society was formed in 1873. In 1885, the Society was absorbed by the New York Academy of Medicine's Section on Laryngology and Otology, but reformed in 1927. In 1955, the Society merged with the New York Otolaryngological Society, which had formed in 1932. The combined society was called the New York Society of Otology and Laryngology until 1964 when they reverted to the New York Laryngological Society.

Collection Description

Scope and Content

The collection contains correspondence (1932-1955, 1959-1973) and minutes and other records (1951-1969).

Bibliography

Stothers, HH. History of the New York Laryngological Society. Academy Bookman. 1974;27:3-12.

Administrative Info

Collection processed and described by Rebecca Pou. Updated 2016.

Requests for permission to quote from or publish any materials should be directed to the reference librarian or curator in writing.

Preferred Citation

New York Laryngological Society Records. The Drs. Barry and Bobbi Coller Rare Book Reading Room, New York Academy of Medicine Library.

Provenance

Donated by the New York Laryngological Society. Additional material donated by David Zenker, Jr. in 2016.

Find Similar Resources

Index Terms

This collection is indexed under the following headings in the catalog of The New York Academy of Medicine Library. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog using these headings.

New York Laryngological SocietySearch ArchiveGrid
Otolaryngology -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc.Search ArchiveGrid
New York Society of Otology and LaryngologySearch ArchiveGrid
New York Otolaryngological SocietySearch ArchiveGrid