Society for the Advancement of Clinical Study, 1912-1924

 
Society for the Advancement of Clinical Study Records

Historical Note

The Society for the Advancement of Clinical Study formed in 1912 and established the Bureau of Clinical Information, held at the New York Academy of Medicine. The Society's purpose was "to make available to visiting and local Physicians and Surgeons the clinical resources of the city." Its activities included publishing booklets listing hospitals and fixed clinics open to visitors and posting a daily bulletin of medical clinics. In 1924, the Society's functions were assumed by the Committee of Medical Education at the New York Academy of Medicine.

Collection Description

Scope and Content

This small collection contains minutes, correspondence, and three "List of Hospitals and Fixed Clinics" booklets issued by the Society.

Arrangement of Collection

The records are in chronological order in one folder and the booklets are housed in a separate envelope.

Administrative Info

Collection processed and described by Rebecca Pou

Requests for permission to quote from or publish any materials should be directed to the reference librarian or curator in writing.

Preferred Citation

Society for the Advancement of Clincial Study Records. The Drs. Barry and Bobbi Coller Rare Book Reading Room, New York Academy of Medicine Library.

Find Similar Resources

Index Terms

This collection is indexed under the following headings in the catalog of The New York Academy of Medicine Library. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog using these headings.

Medicine -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc.Search ArchiveGrid
New York Academy of Medicine. Committee on Medical Education.Search ArchiveGrid
Society for the Advancement of Clinical Study.Search ArchiveGrid