Office of the Senior Vice President for Finance & Administration (SVPFA)
The New York Academy of Medicine advances solutions that promote the health and well-being of people in cities worldwide.
Established in 1847, The New York Academy of Medicine continues to address the health challenges facing New York City and the world’s rapidly growing urban populations. We accomplish this through our Institute for Urban Health, home of interdisciplinary research, evaluation, policy and program initiatives; our world class historical medical library and its public programming in history, the humanities and the arts; and our Fellows program, a network of more than 2,000 experts elected by their peers from across the professions affecting health. Our current priorities are healthy aging, disease prevention, and eliminating health disparities.
Summary and Description
Reporting to the SVPFA, this position requires a well-organized, highly motivated individual with excellent communication, writing, and customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines independently. Demonstrated attention to detail, a professional attitude, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality are essential capabilities for this position. She/he will work closely with executive, managerial and administrative staff including the Directors of the Education and Conference Center, Finance, Grants Management, Facilities Management, Information Technology and Human Resources that report to this office as well as other departments of the Academy. He/she will also provide back-up to the President’s Executive Assistant.
Specific responsibilities include:
- File periodic New York City and State lobbying activity
- Manage annual conflict of interest documentation
- Track and facilitate federal conflict of interest training and manage certifications
- Coordinate purchasing for the Academy and research preferred vendors
- Prepare power point presentations, including graphs
- Assist with insurance applications and certifications
- Run budget vs. actual reports and vendor payment verification in MIP fund accounting system
- Compile bi-weekly Grants and Contracts tracking report for the Executive Leadership Team
- Compile quarterly Grants and Contracts report for the Board of Trustees
- Maintain files and electronic copies of all consulting agreements, contracts and other official documents
- Process invoices for payment
- Draft correspondence
- Coordinate withdrawals with Vanguard Investment Managers
- Research New York State unclaimed funds periodically on behalf of the Academy
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
- Full knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs including Excel and Power Point
- At least 3 years of related experience
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree is required.
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Executive Assistant in the subject line of the email.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.