The New York Academy of Medicine, 1216 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street, New York, NY 10029
The Academy Health Informatics Workgroup and the Nursing Section
Free for Fellows & Members | $20 General Public | $10 Students with ID
Fellows and Members: enter your email address below to receive your discount. Your discount will be applied at checkout.
The Health Informatics Workgroup of The New York Academy of Medicine will be hosting an evening conference and exhibit to showcase innovations (or prototypes) that employ health informatics to improve urban health or health care. This event will consist of several presentation stations wherein a variety of innovative informatics solutions will be displayed that address specific health care applications and uses. Each presentation station will consist of an innovation (or a promising prototype), its developer, a health care professional who can speak to its application, and a logistic professional who can provide information regarding connectivity and interoperability issues, costs, and contracts. The group presentation station members will have the opportunity to tell a compelling story based on a relatable scenario, and demonstrate the innovation (or prototype) in a relevant and appropriate application in which health IT and informatics can be employed to improve urban health and population health. The showcased innovations will spark ideas among the attendees and will demonstrate the benefits of the collaborative innovation (or prototype). For this reason, it is important that group presentation station participants represent a good cross section of stakeholders from different types of organizations.
The event will begin with group presentation stations, networking, and light refreshments. This will be followed by a keynote presentation to open the panel presentation of group presentation spokespersons (10-minute presentation each) to recapitulate their innovation, and a final Q & A.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
This call is specific to various stakeholders, including but not limited to, providers, payers, vendors (including start-ups), social services, or academia. Proposals will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Innovative use of informatics and technology
- If it is a prototype, it should address an important urban health or healthcare issue
- Submission represents a collaboration among a diverse group of stakeholders (at least 3)
- Ability to provide a compelling story that will be relatable to attendees of the conference
- Uniqueness – entries will be selected based on exceptional innovations or prototypes that will support the education of attendees and its practical application in healthcare.
- Complete the Proposal Submission Form
- Provide a Title of the Group Presentation Showcase
- Description of the Innovation/ Product/ Prototype/ Healthcare Technology
- Uses and Benefits of the Innovation
- Name of the Company or Innovation Developer
- Names, Professional Credentials, and Job Titles of group presentation members and their specific roles in the group presentation exhibit
- Acceptance of Terms of Exhibitor Selection
Selection will be competitive. The review panel will include experts in innovation, informatics, and urban and population health. Those selected will have the opportunity to showcase their products, company and innovation advertisement in the event program, website, event invitations to all Academy fellows and members, and the ability to receive feedback and recommendations specific to the needs of users and expert healthcare professionals.
Questions about the event or proposal submissions can be emailed to Edmund Pajarillo, Chair, Health Informatics Workgroup, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposal submission deadline will be January 22, 2018. Those selected will be notified by February 15, 2018.
If you or any of your colleagues are interested in sponsoring this event, please see the Sponsorship Form for multiple sponsorship options.