6:00 PM - 6:30 PM Networking & Refreshments
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Film Screening
8:00 PM - 8:45 PM Panel Discussion and Q&A
The New York Academy of Medicine, 1216 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street, New York, NY 10029
The Academy, the United Hospital Fund, and IPRO
Free, advance registration required
Registration for this event has now closed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please join the Academy, United Hospital Fund and IPRO on November 12 at 6:00 PM for an advance screening of the documentary To Err is Human followed by a panel discussion including the director.
Medical mistakes lead to as many as 440,000 preventable deaths every year, making it the #3 leading cause of death in the United States. To Err Is Human is an in-depth documentary about this silent epidemic and those working behind the scenes to create a new age of patient safety, directed by Mike Eisenberg, the son of late patient safety pioneer, Dr. John M. Eisenberg.
Through interviews with leaders in health care, footage of real-world efforts leading to safer care, and one family's compelling journey from tragedy to triumph, the film provides a unique look at our health care system's ongoing fight against preventable harm.
Panelists join filmmaker Eisenberg in a discussion, and to field audience questions, on how we can collaboratively make tangible improvements in the health care system for better patient outcomes.
- Mike Eisenberg, Director, To Err is Human
- Anne-Marie J. Audet, MD, Senior Medical Officer, Quality Institute, United Hospital Fund
- David Feldman, MD, MBA, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Hospitals Insurance Company/FOJP
- Marc Napp, MD, Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs and Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Mount Sinai Health System
- Charles Bell, Director, Consumers Union
- Patricia Gagliano, MD, Vice President, Health Care Quality Improvement, IPRO